Repairing Window Shades and Rollers Window shades, cracked and torn at the bottom but
otherwise in good condition, can be reversed to give good service. To repair a shade:
1. Take it from the window, unroll it full length on a
flat surface and pull out the stick from the bottom hem.
2. Remove the shade from the roller, carefully lifting
out the small tacks with a knife so they may be used again if possible. Staples may be used on newer shades.
3. Cut off the hem. This end will be retacked to the
roller so must be straight. Cut exactly at right angles
to the sides of shade.
4. Make a new hem. Trim and straighten the end that was removed from the roller; then fold and stitch a hem the same width as the hem you cut off. This new hem will be at the bottom of the finished shade.
5. Put the cut edge of the shade back on the roller
absolutely straight so the shade will hang straight at
the window. On most rollers there is a pencil line drawn from end to end by the manufacturer. If there is no line, draw one exactly down the middle of the roller and at right angles to the ends of it.
6. Use the old tacks, or about a no.2 1 size. Tacks must not go through the roller into the spring. Or staple.
7. Lay the roller on top of shade with the spring end
toward the right.
8. Tack the unhemmed end of the shade back on the roller, placing it exactly on the pencil line. Hammer a tack into the exact center of the shade and the roller, and then at each end. Avoid old tack holes. Continue tacking about 3 or 4 inches apart. Keep the tacks in a straight line at an even distance from the edge of the shade all the way across.
RealRepairs.com Term Of The Day was designed specifically to expand and enhance your career and personal vocabulary, using selected repair terms from the Real Repairs Glossary interchanged selectively with terms from other Mega Glossaries for their usefulness in business, public speaking and day-to-day conversation .You may also search any term from the Real Repairs Glossary database menus provided below.
Subscribe & Receive Real Repairs In You Email Weekly
Please select a letter from the following list to consult terms:
from the MegaFactor newsletter selections and receive your FREE newsletter every 2 weeks by Email.
Choose from the Mega Column selections and receive your FREE Mega Column every 2 weeks by Email.
RealVenue / HomeDaata
Real Estate Community
/ Seller MultiMedia Presentation
and Sellers we have put together this multi-media presentation for you to watch
and interact with. It gives you some great tips whether or not your are buying
or selling a home. Click
Here To View
Ways To Mega Manage Your Finances. Check out our Mega Interactive Course on how
to manage your money effectively.