Care Of Books and Papers After A Flood Dry books and papers slowly:
1. Place books on end with leaves separated.
2. When they are partially dry, pile and press books to keep pages from crumpling.
3. Alternate drying and pressing until books are
thoroughly dry. This helps prevent mildew. Use a fan to hasten drying.
4. If books and papers are very damp, sprinkle cornstarch or talcum powder between the leaves to absorb moisture. Leave powder for several hours and then brush off.
5. When books are nearly dry, apply low heat with an electric iron. Separate the page to prevent musty odors. This is a tedious process which you may want to use only with valuable books.
6. When books are thoroughly dry, close them and use C-clamps to help them retain their shape.
Even if books and papers appear to have dried
successfully, they may disintegrate rapidly because of materials in the flood water. Any important documents or paper should be photocopied as a precautionary measure.
RealRepairs.com Term Of The Day was designed specifically to expand and enhance your career and personal vocabulary, using selected repair terms from the Real Repairs Glossary interchanged selectively with terms from other Mega Glossaries for their usefulness in business, public speaking and day-to-day conversation .You may also search any term from the Real Repairs Glossary database menus provided below.
Subscribe & Receive Real Repairs In You Email Weekly
Please select a letter from the following list to consult terms:
from the MegaFactor newsletter selections and receive your FREE newsletter every 2 weeks by Email.
Choose from the Mega Column selections and receive your FREE Mega Column every 2 weeks by Email.
RealVenue / HomeDaata
Real Estate Community
/ Seller MultiMedia Presentation
and Sellers we have put together this multi-media presentation for you to watch
and interact with. It gives you some great tips whether or not your are buying
or selling a home. Click
Here To View
Ways To Mega Manage Your Finances. Check out our Mega Interactive Course on how
to manage your money effectively.