Cleaning Light Fixtures 1. Turn off the switches.
2. Then take off all shades, shields, globes, and metal grills. Also take out the light bulbs and tubes. Be careful not to drop or break fluorescent tubes.
3. Put hot water in a tub or deep sink. Also, put hot
water in a pail. Put soap or detergent in both the sink and the pail. Swish up thick suds.
4. Put shades, globes and other parts removed from the fixture in the tub or sink. Rinse these pieces with
5. To wash wall and ceiling fixtures, squeeze a sponge or cloth out of the sudsy water in the pail. Use this to wipe off all parts of the fixture. Stand on a safe step stool or ladder to reach high-up fixtures. Rinse the same way, using a clean damp sponge or cloth. Wipe all the parts dry. DON'T LET WATER RUN INTO OPEN SOCKETS. If there are any metal parts, you can use polish or wax on them after they are dry.
6. Sponge off, wipe dry and replace the bulbs and tubes. Do not get end of bulbs that screws into socket wet.
RealRepairs.com Term Of The Day was designed specifically to expand and enhance your career and personal vocabulary, using selected repair terms from the Real Repairs Glossary interchanged selectively with terms from other Mega Glossaries for their usefulness in business, public speaking and day-to-day conversation .You may also search any term from the Real Repairs Glossary database menus provided below.
Subscribe & Receive Real Repairs In You Email Weekly
Please select a letter from the following list to consult terms:
from the MegaFactor newsletter selections and receive your FREE newsletter every 2 weeks by Email.
Choose from the Mega Column selections and receive your FREE Mega Column every 2 weeks by Email.
RealVenue / HomeDaata
Real Estate Community
/ Seller MultiMedia Presentation
and Sellers we have put together this multi-media presentation for you to watch
and interact with. It gives you some great tips whether or not your are buying
or selling a home. Click
Here To View
Ways To Mega Manage Your Finances. Check out our Mega Interactive Course on how
to manage your money effectively.