Washing Venetian Blinds at the Window The frequency of need for thorough washing and
cleaning is affected by the kind of heating system,
humidity, ventilation, and activity in the home.
Moisture condensation on blinds, as warm house air cools on reaching cold window glass, increases soiling; regular storm windows keep window warmer and reduces such condensation.
1. Open blind and let it hang all the way down. Protect window sill and area with plastic drop cloth.
2. Mix up a pail of detergent suds.
3. Start at the top and wash one slat at a time with suds by folding a cloth or sponge around the slat and sliding it from left to right to wash both sides at the same time. Or cut halfway through a thick flat sponge and use it the same way.
Another quick way is to wear a pair of cotton work
gloves. Then dip both hands into the suds, and use the gloves like sponges to wash the slats.
4. Rinse the slats the same way and wipe them dry.
5. Scrub the tapes on both sides with a brush covered with thick suds. Rinse them with a clean damp sponge or cloth.
6. Wipe each pull cord with a folded sponge or cloth-- first with suds and then with clean water.
7. Let the blind hang open and dropped all the way down until it is dry and the tapes are stretched smooth. Put old cloths or towels under it to catch any dripping water.
RealRepairs.com Term Of The Day was designed specifically to expand and enhance your career and personal vocabulary, using selected repair terms from the Real Repairs Glossary interchanged selectively with terms from other Mega Glossaries for their usefulness in business, public speaking and day-to-day conversation .You may also search any term from the Real Repairs Glossary database menus provided below.
Subscribe & Receive Real Repairs In You Email Weekly
Please select a letter from the following list to consult terms:
from the MegaFactor newsletter selections and receive your FREE newsletter every 2 weeks by Email.
Choose from the Mega Column selections and receive your FREE Mega Column every 2 weeks by Email.
RealVenue / HomeDaata
Real Estate Community
/ Seller MultiMedia Presentation
and Sellers we have put together this multi-media presentation for you to watch
and interact with. It gives you some great tips whether or not your are buying
or selling a home. Click
Here To View
Ways To Mega Manage Your Finances. Check out our Mega Interactive Course on how
to manage your money effectively.